Before Dental Care:
- Remove all toys/magazine/reading materials etc in waiting room.
- Turn on all Medical HEPA filters at the beginning of each day.
- Ensure safety of staff, office setup, and appointment scheduling.
- We will call or text patients when they can come into the waiting room.
- All parents must wear a mask when entering the office.
- Laser thermometer will be used on everyone entering the office.
- A temp outside normal range will require rescheduling unless the patient is in pain and it an emergency.
- Even for staff, any symptoms, and you will not be allowed to work.
- 1 parent allowed back with the child or children.
- If there are any extra parents/family, they can practice social distancing guidelines in the waiting room, or wait in the car.
- For children who can rinse, have them rinse with hydrogen peroxide or chlorhexidine before treatment.
During Dental Care:
Standard and transmission based precautions and PPE:
- Staff required to wear mask -KN95, N95, N99, or P100. Over the N masks, our normal masks must be worn to prevent damage to the K mask.
- Mask will be stored in a paper bag with employee name over lunch, and after work.
- Staff required to wear a washable or disposable long sleeve gown, and gloves.
- If gown gets soiled , dispose of it or place it in a bag to be washed.
- Staff required to wear protective eye wear and/or face shield.
- For Operative work, dry shield greatly encouraged.
- For hygiene , high speed suction greatly encouraged.
- Nasal hood will be disposed of after EACH use.
- Nitrous oxide tubing will be removed, placed in ultrasonic, rinsed, and placed in dry heat sterilizer before it can be re-used.
- Non-disposable equipment will be disinfected according to manufacturers instructions.